Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about the Majority Homerton:
Does the Homerton work with Bluetooth headphones?
Unfortunately, the Homerton cannot send audio out via Bluetooth, only receive it. It is not compatible with Bluetooth headphones.
Is there a sleep function?
Yes - to set a sleep timer, select the ‘Sleep’ button on the unit, or on the remote, and press repeatedly to switch between sleep times - these will display on the top right of the display screen. There is an option between 15, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 minutes. Once this has been selected, the timer amount and a sleep image will show on the top right of the radio screen.
Is there an alarm function?
Yes – to set the alarm, follow the instructions on page 20 of the instructions guide included in the box.
Is it possible to connect external speakers either via cable or via Bluetooth?
As the Homerton features a 3.5mm audio output on the back, if the speaker system you wish to connect has a 3.5mm audio input, you can connect an external speaker system this way.
Unfortunately, as the Homerton is a Bluetooth receiver and not a Bluetooth transmitter, it’s not possible to connect extra speakers via Bluetooth.
How do I tune DAB radio stations?
If you are having trouble listening to stations, try performing a re-scan. To perform a re-scan, on DAB mode, open DAB radio settings by pressing the ‘Menu’ button. Then select ‘Full Scan’ to begin a full scan for all available digital radio stations. You can find guidance on tuning radio stations on the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/dab/dab-tuning-information
Why can’t I get a good signal?
Despite the National Commercial Network being one of the largest digital radio networks in the world, consisting of more than 140 transmitters, there are still some gaps in coverage. It may be that you live in an area with weak DAB signal. To check the DAB signal in your area, you can use the BBC’s signal checker tool, or Get Digital Radio’s signal checker tool at the following links:
There’s good signal in my area, but I still get bad reception. What can I do?
There are many things that can cause interference and bad DAB reception. A BBC guide on DAB signal troubleshooting is available here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/dab/troubleshooting-dab-reception
Here are some troubleshooting points if you are having issues with signal interference:
- Try switching your radio off and on again.
- Try performing a full scan.
- Ensure the telescopic/integrated aerial is fully extended.
- Try moving the aerial around to see if that improves the signal. If not, try moving your radio around to see if you can find a better position with a clearer signal – it’s harder for radio signals to penetrate through thick concrete walls. Try positioning your radio next to or close to a window.
- Check your cables for water damage. To find out how, visit the BBC’s guide to water damage here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/everything-else/check-your-cables-for-any-signs-of-damage-or-if-water-has-seeped-into
- Devices that can interfere with DAB radios include microwave ovens, LED lighting, laptops and laptop power supplies, LCD TVs, mobile phones, and power line networking. It may be possible for you to detect the device causing interference by switching things off, one at a time, until your interference problem is resolved.
- Weather can often affect DAB signal, particularly fine weather including high pressure. The best course of action in this situation is to wait for the weather to change – you should not attempt to re-tune during this time.
What is MediaU?
MediaU is an internet radio portal, where you can listen to internet radio online, and also manage, save and view playlists, and request new radio stations for your Homerton radio. To do this, you will need to create a MediaU account.
How do I create a MediaU account?
You can create a MediaU account via this link: https://www.mediayou.net/web/?page=register
You will then need to connect your MediaU account to your Homerton radio.
How do I set up my MediaU on my Homerton?
In the Homerton’s configuration settings, there is an option to connect a MediaU account via the website www.mediayou.net.
Ensure that WiFi is connected to the radio, and then obtain the wireless MAC address of the radio via Information Centre > System Information > Wireless Information. Enter this address on the MediaU website to allow the radio to sync your account.
When successfully configured, you are then able to save and view your own MediaU station playlists.
I’m having problems with my MediaU. Can you help?
A guide to using MediaU is available at the following link:
How do I add an internet radio station that’s unavailable on my radio?
- There are several ways to get a radio station added to the database.
- On the menu of the radio, select Internet Radio -> Service -> Add New Radio Station. Then key in the URL of the internet radio station you wish to add.
- In your MediaU account, select ‘Manually Add a Station’ in ‘my MediaU’ to add radio stations.
- Use the MediaU website recommendation form to request stations: https://www.mediayou.net/web/index.php?page=recommend
- If the options above are unsuccessful, please send an email to email@example.com to request an internet radio station to be added to the database.